Love to use Layer Cakes but don’t know what to do with them?
This club is for you.
Every month a quilt from the book, “A Piece of Pie a la Mode”, will be selected.
We will work on the quilt during the club time and discuss techniques to use to successfully complete each quilt.
If you don’t want to participate one month, that is fine. You only pay if you attend. Space is limited so you might want to prepay online or at our retail shop.
The first quilt that we will make is “Arizona Trail”. A sample is hanging in our retail store.
- You must purchase the book, “A Piece of Pie a la Mode Book” by Brenda Bailey and Bonnie Bailey. All 10 of the quilts in this book are made using Layer Cakes. This book is available at our retail store or you can purchase in our online store.
- A sewing machine in good working order along with its manual.
- Rotary cutter and mat if you have one.
- Small iron and ironing pad.
- Thread, bobbins, and other basic sewing supplies.
Each month you will be given a specific supply list for the following month’s quilt.
For our March quilt, “Arizona Trail” you will need the following supplies:
- Your book, “A Piece of Pie a la Mode”
- 1 Layer Cake for the blocks
- 2 ½ yards for trail and border
- 3 yards fusible interfacing: Pellon SF101 Shape-Flex is preferred
- ½ yard for binding
- 4 yards for backing